Series 65 - Investment Agent - Training Program

People who are already working in the finance market or people who are looking to get inside, will consider the Series 66 exam very closely. The benefit is it is a combined license. Transferring the Series 66 is the equivalent of passing the actual Series 65 and 63. The Series 63 is often a state law exam. Often the 65 is the RIA assessment.

The 66 exam is way more of a rules test versus the Series 65. It is made up of 100 multiple choice concerns. A grade of 71% is considered passing. If the assessment is failed, you must hang on 30 days before you can sit for typically the Series 66 again.

The particular topics covered include:

Enrollment and Licensing for Agents

Securities Registration

Business Techniques

Securities Evaluation

Rules and Regulations

The particular NASD authorized this assessment some years ago so that Sequence 7 representatives could grow to be investment advisors without having to sit for the Series 65. The actual 65 is a larger test and it covers a larger array of securities concepts. Since someone who already has the Sequence 7 license does not need to re-learn much of the basic covered inside the 65, the NASD will allow those people to take the merged test.

Do I need to have a Set 7 before I take Series 66?

No . You could make the Series 66 very first. However , the license can not be registered and effective without a Series 7. Most will need the Series 7 very first, because of that fact, but it is not really a requirement to take one before the other.

Do I need to be sponsored by a brokerage dealer to take the Collection 66?

No . The examination can be self registered simply by filling out the U-10 form. The U-10 is a simple 3-4 page form that allows someone to register for the exam as being an independent to the NASD. The moment passed, the license must be placed at a brokerage firm or maybe other regulatory authority within 2 years, or the license will probably expire.

I am looking to enter the investment and financial industry, does this license help?

Absolutely. FINRA Series 65 is a major in addition to your resume to add any SEC/NASD license certifications. Wearing your resume "Registered Investment Advisor" adds a lot to an unskilled persons written credentials. Transferring the Series 65 assessment will license you as being an RIA as well.

Do I have to take the Series 65 only pass the Series 66?

No . You can take either analyze to become an RIA (Registered Investment Advisor).

All in all, the particular Series 66 test is absolutely not a hard exam. It is usually handed by using a home study study course that includes text books plus a CD Rom test course. Since the exam is mostly principles based questions, most students see that reading the books the moment and then practicing the sample test questions is the best solution to prepare. You want to be in a point where the practice ultimate exams are in the 80% score range. This allows you many margin for error if you sit for the real exam.

Putting certifications and licenses like the Series 66 can give a lift to your resume above other prospects looking to fill the same job as you. It's also great schooling for CPA's, financial site publishers or any other expert dealing with customers in a financing related area

The Series 65 examination is required by most states for individuals that act as investment adviser representatives. This is the only license required if an individual acts as an investment adviser representative (IAR). If that individual wishes to register as a securities sales representative, which is necessary to accept commissions, the Series 63 license is required as well.

About the Author
Brady Pilgaard
People who are already working in the finance market or people who are looking to get inside, will consider the Series 66 exam very closely. The benefit is it is a combined license. Transferring

You must logged in for view and post comments.