How To Use Photoshop Patch Tool
The Patch Tool retouches image using sampled pixels or pattern*.
It works as a combination of the Healing Brush with the Lasso Tool :
There are 2 methods to retouch using sampled pixels.
- In the Toolbox, select the Patch Tool.
- Drag in (select) a damaged area with the Patch Tool (exactly like with Lasso Tool )
- On the Options bar, choose the Source mode.
- Drag the selection (cursor inside the selection) onto a repair-source area (movie).
- Drag in a repair-source area with the Patch Tool*.
- On the Options bar, choose the Destination mode.
- Drag the selection (cursor inside of selection) onto a damaged area (movie).
To retouch with a pattern, use Method 3:
- Drag in a damaged area with the Patch Tool*.
- In the Pattern picker, choose a pattern (movie).
- Click the Use Pattern button on the Options bar.
*Available in Photoshop and later.
**You can also create and edit a selection (beforehand) with any selecting tool and then choose the Patch Tool.